"Riding Since 1945"
Friday, April 7th:
classroom setting for discussion about harness-fitting, safety, etc
to be held at the Tooele Bit'n Spur clubhouse, 240 West 500 North, Tooele
5:00-5:30 pizza and social time
5:30-7:30 class session with Brian Coleman
Saturday, April 8th:
9:00-5:00 driving clinic with Brian Coleman
5:00 halter class for anyone whose interested
Sunday, April 9th:
9:00-4:00 driving clinic with Brian Coleman
I'm working on getting a food vendor to be available for lunch and will keep you posted about that. We'll also have something light available for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
If you will need RV hook-up, please call Deseret Peak Complex (435-843-4000) right away to reserve your spot. You may also reserve stalls by calling that same number. I'm excited that several of you have expressed interest in enrolling your young people in the clinic! I love to see kids driving! Please let me know if I can help you in any way!
Reserve your spot by sending a $100.00 deposit to:
4008 N. Droubay Rd.
Erda, Utah 84074
Rodeo Tickets for the 72nd Annual Bit n' Spur Rodeo
will be available in May 2017!
District Dues for District, Region and State participation is due before May 15th.
Photo's courtesy of Imagery by Celia
Club Dues are due NOW!
1. Junior's Meet n' Greet: March 28th, 7 PM at the Bit n' Spur Clubhouse, 240 West 500 North, Tooele Utah. See more information on the Junior Activities page.
2. April 7 - Brian Coleman Driving Clinic (see flyer). Sponsored in part by the Tooele Bit n' Spur Riding Club. Contact Mickey Falkner for more information and to sign up.
3. May 26 - 27 REACH Program (Raising Education through Art, characters, and Hero's will be holding a 2 -day event in the Bit n' Spur Large Arena. REACH is a 501c3 dedicated to assist and support education groups and schools in History, Literacy, Arts and Anti-Bullying. We use fully interactive lessons taught by characters and heroes the kids are familiar with to help keep their interest and attention. Alisa Falkner-Coombs and Mandy Brown are working on coordinating many fun events. We are encouraging Bit n' Spur members to be creative and come up with ideas to horse related games or other activities that would be conducive to the REACH purpose and goals. Visit the REACH Facebook page for more information.
4. Junior's USWRCA District 1 Youth Show: June 2nd & 3rd at the Tooele Bit n' Spur Rodeo Grounds in Tooele (approx. 280 West 600 North)
5. District 1 Show: (Pending dates and location) Aug 4 & 5 at the Tooele Bit n' Spur Rodeo Grounds OR Aug 11 & 12 at the Deseret Peak Complex. See Adult Activities page.
6. Region Show: Aug 25 & 26 at Salina's Blackhawk Indoor arena (only) (See Editorial comments on Adult Activities page)
7. State Show: Sep 8 & 9 at Salina's Blackhawk Indoor and outdoor arena.